Friday, July 3, 2009

Just a little update

Just a quick update.


This is a polyester quilt my grandmother made. It's only a top and it's coming apart all over the place. I think what I'd like to do with this is back it with some flannel and put it on the quilting machine and quilt it. I think that would stabilize it. It really doesn't need to have all the seams repaired, necessarily. They're not gonna ravel!

Here's my lovely assistant being really helpful again. She loves to lay down with a blanket and pillow. Can't nap without them! Even a hardwood floor is a good napping place as long as you have a blanket and pillow. Doesn't have to be a special blanket or pillow, whatever is handiest will do.

Happy 4th!

2 comments:

Na Na said...

I like napping on my hardwood floors too. A blanket and pillow is all that's needed except for a grandchild to keep me company. My favorite place is under my cutting table.

Jo Shnell said...

I love your idea about stablizing the Mamasan cover. It might be hot, though. It's very warm just as it is. You might think of something lighter than flannel, like a light weight domestic? Just a thought. I'm not sure what might be lighter.

Love you,

Mom