Wednesday, June 17, 2009

long time no post

Did some tie dying the other day. Have many of these old embroidered pillow cases and plan to make them into little sundresses for the girls. Had a few with stains and a couple with hoop marks from the embroidering that wouldn't wash out. A friend was tie dying shirts for VBS and said I could come help and throw in my stuff, too. Couldn't resist that! Here's how they came out.



You can still see the hoop marks, but they don't stand out anymore. This one was my favorite!

It was so interesting how the embroidery thread reacted/didn't react with the dye! I really like the results. I think the tie dye will also make them more kid friendly when it comes to messiness. A white frock shows every little stain, a tie dyed one not so much.


This is what's on my frame right now. See all those empty blocks? They will each have something different in them when I'm done. Plan to try a little thread painting even. Oh, the suspense!!


And Sunbonnet Sue is finished! Completely! Binding and all. Just gotta throw her into the wash. I don't think quilts are done till they're washed. It brings out their true character.
Each sue is quilted a little different. Here's one of the more fancy ones. Note the ricrac flowers.

1 comment:

Jo Shnell said...

How fun, Trish. I zoomed in to see the ricrac flowers and noted the butterfly, clouds, grass,
and sunshine in your quilting. This is beautiful!

Love you,

Mom