Sunday, July 12, 2009

Went sale-ing today!

Found some really fun things this weekend!



A sewing iron. Says so on the box! Works great, nice and light, and has a lovely purple cord. $3. How cool is that?



An unfinished applique quilt complete with pieces to finish it (and matching thread!) and the instructions.


Think all the pieces are really there? Who knows? I figure it will be fun to substitute if they aren't. I was wanting some handwork and here it is! This should keep me busy for a llloooonnngggg time!! $12 for that. Just couldn't resist!

There's a sale clost to my house that's open tomorrow, so I'm going over there before they close to see what's left that is cheap. There were some fun old sheets that would make pretty quilt backs and two Necchi Supernova sewing machines. I have one already, but wouldn't mind having another for the right price. If they are still there tomorrow they just might be the right price!



And my neighbor was throwing this out!!! Eeeeek! It has so many fun fabrics in it!!! She said it had gotten wet and she was afraid it was moldy. I don't think it is, but if it is I think I might take it apart and use the unmoldy pieces. It's just tied, so should be easy to deconstruct. That's just the last resort! I'm planning on it being just fine and using it as is! It's so cute!!


My lovely assistant had a birthday. She's two! Time flies....

No comments: