Sunday, April 19, 2009

No quilting, but....

Here's a pic of my oldest doing color guard duty for CAP.



Note the military face. Something else I noted - he looks a lot like my lovely assistant in this photo. I've never really thought they looked alike, but she can make this face really well, too. Interesting!


And these little lovelies are tie-dyed eggs. Literally dyed with ties! Via Martha Stewart, you take men's silk ties, cut them apart so that you just have the silk, wrap it tightly around the egg, wrap tightly again with some other fabric, cover with water and about a quarter cup vinegar, boil for 20 min and voila! How cool is that??? No dye mess. Way cool results. See how clearly the print from the tie came out in some places? It was way too much fun. We blew these eggs out before we dyed them. I won't do that again next year. Gave me a headache. At least now I can say I've done it. This is definately how we'll dye eggs from now on.

And of course, a lovely assistant shot. Here she is disguised as an eggplant, sharing a sucker with her baby.

Managed to get a quilt loaded into the frame over the last few days and started quilting it this evening. Had to stop cuz I couldn't see what I was doing. Getting dark outside and lighting in my living room is just plain bad. Gonna have to do some looking around for inexpensive and easy lighting options for my frame. I just don't have enough daylight hours to work with.

Also got the binding stitched onto the back of the fan quilt, now need to stitch the front down. That's on my list of things to get around to this week. Must also clean up my sewing dungeon. Rain comes in the spring and if it comes hard and fast my room leaks! Must get everything up and out of harms way before a big storm hits. Not to mention, the basement is our tornado shelter. It would be really sad if we all died in the tornado because we couldn't get into the basement because all my fun stuff is everywhere!

3 comments:

Jo Shnell said...

I'm glad you see the likeness in Nate and Raynie! They both are gorgeous; just ask their grammy! Those eggs are way cool, too! Congratulations, but the kids are way cooler than the eggs. :)

Love you,

Mom

Anonymous said...

Aww...my daughter has the exact same cap that a friend knitted for her...isn't it just adorable...she models it so well.

I also wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog and writing such a nice comment about my career choice. I agree mother hood rocks.

Thanks Again.

Michelle said...

Look what a doll she is!

I hadnt heard from you in a while, but I think about you often!

Thanks for stopping by.

How is everyone?